Friday, April 29, 2011

An affair to remember...

After a history-making occasion [and early one at that!], I think it's safe to say that Princess Catherine nailed it.  Her natural poise paired with her classic, yet updated Alexander McQueen gown made for a memorable fashion moment, indeed. And I couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance in both manner and dress to fellow Royal bride and fashion icon, Grace Kelly.






And for the evening gown....

Image courtesy of USWeekly.com


On a side note, I cannot end this post without acknowledging the Beckhams - beyond fierce in terms of their styling for the grand occasion.  David completely pulled off a more modern interpretation of the morning suit in this dapper Ralph Lauren creation, while Victoria epitomized Royal wedding glamour in her own sleek navy design and a matching Philip Treacy topper [while almost 7 months pregnant!]...






Congratulations to the new Duke + Duchess of Cambridge! 
What a smashing young couple...


William + Catherine
04.29.2011

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't the wedding great? I had no real interest in the couple until a couple days before the wedding...and then I became obsessed with them overnight. She looked amazing.

    Anyways, I am your newest follower :) Found you while browsing coco+kelley and so glad I did! Would love for you to visit my blog if you have a chance. I'm having a giveaway I think you'd like. Looking forward to seeing more great stuff from you!
    xoxo
    -linh
    http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linh! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower - love your blog as well! What a great giveaway!!
    xx, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your collection of photos.
    The day was perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...